At WDG, our primary focus is building beautiful, functional websites. Our clients’ digital presence is not only as an extension of their brand but also a vital, versatile tool — one that can maximize their audience engagement and business objectives.
We are seeking a senior full stack developer with experience creating scalable and responsive websites for modern platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to work with provided design assets and functional, technical scopes in order to build open-source CMS-powered websites.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ongoing maintenance/support for WDG’s clients, ideating/consulting with third-party hosting vendors, and large content migration processes.
A positive, collaborative attitude paired with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills go a long way here at WDG. It is key that you are able to successfully work with your project and other production teams.
- Technical requirements gathering for RFP responses
- Assist with internal and external projects from conception to post launch
- Migration and transformation of content and taxonomies between CMS
- Management of data and databases
- Backend development work on WordPress/Drupal CMS
- Hosting environment configuration and maintenance
- Technical troubleshooting of pre and post launch bugs
- Assist with validating UX/UI and other design elements into useable code
- Client documentation and training sessions
- 4+ years professional experience
- Expertise with Apache, Nginx, Mysql/MariaDB
- Expertise with integrating third party API’s
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal Development
- Experience with search platforms such as Solr and ElasticSearch
- Experience with server side caching such as Varnish, Redis, and Memcache
- Experience with security and performance best practices
- Experience with Linux server management, DevOps, and cloud hosting providers (AWS, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Experience with Git flow and usage
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies