At WDG, we believe content is king, and that good content is plannable, findable, and user-driven. Our UX Content Strategists are experts in planning digital content for our clients’ websites. You will approach all tasks with a content-first mentality, whether it’s reviewing and producing recommendations to increase our clients’ organic search results; creating intuitive content models to ensure content integrity over time; creating content templates or outlines to guide copywriters; or collaborating with developers and designers to ensure our solutions are produced with content in mind.
Likewise, you’ll support overall digital strategy engagements for our clients primary websites, microsites, and campaign landing pages. You will work closely with the client and your project team to ideate and deliver a tailored website strategy to meet our clients’ objectives, within scope. Internal stakeholder communication; user research; comprehensive comparative analysis; content, brand & marketing analysis; data analysis; and heuristic reviews will be core to surfacing insights.
As a UX Content Strategist, you will also participate in WDG marketing efforts and be a core member of the Strategy team as we work to share insights with the larger WDG team; participate in and potentially lead culture-building initiatives; mentor staff members as needed; and contribute to the overall culture at WDG by being curious, courageous, and considerate.
*Pay and seniority level considerations will be on a case-by-case basis, but the anticipated salary range is $60,000 to $95,000.
Your Project & Production Responsibilities:
- Research the industry
- Run and summarize website crawls
- Run and summarize content audits
- Run and summarize SEO audits
- Review digital marketing tactics (owned, earned, paid)
- Conduct competitive / comparative analysis
- Analyze data
- Surface audience insights
- Conduct stakeholder interviews
- Discover strategic (website) opportunities
- Draft preliminary site map
- Influence and/or produce wireframes
- Influence or produce content models (content types, taxonomies, or migration plans)
- Review and draft on-page content
- Guide governance planning and training
- Produce marketing materials for WDG (case studies, blog posts, etc)
- Previous client-facing experience in an agency environment
- Professionally adept with accessing website content analysis including SEO, SEM, analytics
- Professionally adept with content strategy tactics, i.e., copywriting, communications cadence, governance, and information architecture
- Familiar with creating and implementing content strategy for web
- Background in web technologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with open-source CMS and e-CRM platforms