At WDG, our primary focus is building beautiful, functional web application and large enterprise websites. Our clients’ digital presence is not only as an extension of their brand but also a vital, versatile tool — one that can maximize their audience engagement and business objectives. Read our company philosophy.
We are seeking a senior full stack web developer and/or backend web developer with experience creating scalable and responsive websites for modern platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to work with provided design assets and functional, technical scopes in order to build open-source CMS-powered websites. We seek great humans first, talent second.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ongoing maintenance/support for WDG’s clients, ideating/consulting with third-party hosting vendors, and large content migration processes.
A positive, collaborative attitude paired with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills go a long way here at WDG. It is key that you are able to successfully work with your project and other production teams.
- Assist with internal and external projects from conception to post launch
- Migration and transformation of content and taxonomies between CMS
- Management of data and databases
- Backend development work with / on open source platforms
- Hosting environment configuration and maintenance
- Technical troubleshooting of pre and post launch bugs
- 4+ years professional experience
- Expertise with Apache, Nginx, Mysql/MariaDB
- Expertise with integrating third party API’s
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal Development
- Experience with search platforms such as Solr and ElasticSearch
- Experience with server side caching such as Varnish, Redis, and Memcache
- Experience with security and performance best practices
- Experience with Linux server management, DevOps, and cloud hosting providers (AWS, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Experience with Git flow and usage.