- 4+ years writing PHP.
- At least 2+ years working with Drupal or WordPress.
- A love of learning and skill with mentoring others.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently and effectively on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Agency background is a plus.
WDG senior developers are crucial to the growth of our organization and are required to be versatile, ethical, and have leadership skills. We do not build websites; we deliver solid technical solutions to amazing clients.
A few examples of our work includes:
- Developing and deploying complex Drupal 7 or Drupal 8 digital infrastructures for meaningful clients like The United States Institute of Peace.
- Migrating the online presence of the Folger Shakespeare Library, the world’s most acclaimed Shakespeare library, to Drupal with a beautifully-implemented design.
- Customizing WordPress for Hubbard Radio’s largest radio station, WTOP: Washington’s Top News, with extra attention spent on the user interface for visitors and editors.
- Leveraging realtime socket connections and Ember to build a live listening experience for Hubbard’s wide range of music stations, such as KS95 Listen Live.
- Building a custom integration with Apache Solr and WordPress, leveraging advanced weighting techniques at time of index and time of query for clients like the American Enterprise Institute.
- Being active in the WordPress or Drupal community is a major plus.
- 2+ years experience with Drupal and WordPress.
- Experience with Node.js and/or Ember.js (or similar frameworks).
- Experience with complex/large migrations between systems.
- Experience with Apache Solr and other in-site search solutions.
- Experience with WP-CLI and/or Drush.
- Experience with Grunt/Gulp/Broccoli or any other task runner.
- Competitive Salary
- Great Health Insurance (including Dental)
- Parking (included)
- On-the-job learning from other senior developers and from tech related conferences
- Conference budget and encouragement of conference attendance/participation
- Collaborative and open office environment located near bars and restaurants
- Constant learning environment and exciting diversity of client projects
At WDG, we deliver results-driven and engaging device-independent web properties and communities. Although our strategy and design teams are platform agnostic, our web development team specialize open-source technologies such as Drupal and WordPress. Our clients range from successful start-ups to Fortune 1000 brands and nonprofits.
Whether you need to tap someone on the shoulder to brush up on the latest web techniques or create a unique, cross-discipline solution with other teams, our collaborative environment is designed to challenge and grow your skill set. We also hold internal showcases of work, new techniques or technologies, and trainings.
Compensation is based on candidate experience. Start dates and schedules are flexible. This position is based out of our Clarendon, Arlington, VA office.
The Web Development Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Web Development Group maintains a drug-free workplace.