- Be a strategic thinker using data and research to back up your work. Produce elegant solutions that take into account both the user’s needs and the client’s ultimate business goals.
- Initiate and be accountable for defining multiple projects and propositions from their outset.
- Manage Concept Development, making initial ideas and client wants feasible and real, as well as being able to easily turn high-level ideas into working designs.
- Must be able to conceptualize viable solutions for intricate, complex problems.
- Be responsible for client deliverables, including, but not limited to: personas, storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes, motion graphics, and infographics.
WDG is looking for a detail-driven Senior Web & Graphic Designer with a strong background in user-centric design who can help elevate our work for a widely diverse range of clientele. This individual will work in close collaboration with our design and development teams to create useful, effective, and desirable visual experiences for the web.
- You are a trendsetter and a conceptual thinker. No design challenge is impossible for you thanks to your ability to solve independently or collaboratively. You are not content with good enough and are always striving for excellence.
- Leadership is in your blood. You’re eager to take charge and own whatever comes your way, and drive the process if necessary. You see challenges as opportunities that will lead you to make your best work yet.
- You craft smart, elegant work and know how to present it to the client. You know how to handle criticism and feedback, and know when to push back to defend the integrity of your design.
- You are proficient with Adobe’s Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and have a curiosity for any tools that can expand or optimize the design process. Bonus points if you have skills making high fidelity interaction demonstrations through applications like After Effects or Principle.
- You are keenly aware of the strengths and limitations of code, and design to push the limit.
- You love designing for screens, and have years of work showcasing polished solutions to prove it.
- You’ve worked at an agency for at least three years and can gracefully juggle multiple projects and quick turnaround times for projects in any industry.
- Competitive salary
- Great health insurance (including Dental)
- On-site Parking
- On-the-job learning from a close-knit, collaborative team in an open, driven environment
- Conference budget and encouragement of conference attendance/participation
- Collaborative and open office environment located in Clarendon, Arlington.
- Dynamic clientele to challenge your skills and improve on your talent
At WDG, we deliver results-driven and engaging device-independent web properties and communities. Although our strategy and design teams are platform agnostic, our web development team specialize open-source technologies such as Drupal and WordPress. Our clients range from successful start-ups to Fortune 1000 brands and nonprofits.
Compensation is based on candidate experience. Start dates and schedules are flexible. This position is based out of our Clarendon, Arlington, VA office.
The Web Development Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Web Development Group maintains a drug-free workplace.