- Be a strategic thinker using data and research to back up your work. Produce elegant solutions that take into account both the user’s needs and the client’s ultimate business goals.
- Initiate and be accountable for defining multiple projects and propositions from their outset.
- Manage Concept Development, making initial ideas and client wants feasible and real, as well as being able to easily turn high-level ideas into working designs.
- Must be able to conceptualize viable solutions for intricate, complex problems.
- Be responsible for client deliverables, including, but not limited to: personas, storyboards, scenarios, design prototypes, motion graphics, and infographics.
WDG is looking for a detail-driven Senior Web & Graphic Designer with a strong background in user-centric design who can help elevate our work for a widely diverse range of clientele. This individual will work in close collaboration with our design and development teams to create useful, effective, and desirable visual experiences for the web.
- Superbly experienced in Adobe Design products and software.
- Experienced in successfully delivering for and working with medium to large, content-heavy clients.
- Have experience with content management systems, ideally WordPress and Drupal.
- A working knowledge or understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Competitive salary
- Great health insurance (including Dental)
- Parking (included)
- On-the-job learning from a close-knit, collaborative team in an open, driven environment
- Conference budget and encouragement of conference attendance/participation
- Collaborative and open office environment located near King Street’s popular bars and restaurants
- Dynamic clientele to challenge your skills and improve on your talent
At WDG, we deliver results-driven and engaging device-independent web properties and communities. Although our strategy and design teams are platform agnostic, our web development team specialize open-source technologies such as Drupal and WordPress. Our clients range from successful start-ups to Fortune 1000 brands and nonprofits.
Compensation is based on candidate experience. Start dates and schedules are flexible. This position is based out of our Old Town, Alexandria, VA office.
The Web Development Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Web Development Group maintains a drug-free workplace.