- Lead project teams on fast-paced web development projects.
- Work together with Lead Project Manager to define scope, resource requirements, initial project estimates and timelines, and assist in the development of technical documentation.
- Guide the development team to create task lists and plans for each project’s development phase.
- Review and report development progress, managing obstacles as development progresses for a project and proposing solutions where needed.
- Collaborate with clients on day-to-day technical progress, questions, and solutions throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Encourage and facilitate collaboration amongst development team during projects.
- Maintain and manage a risk analysis of potential obstacles that could throw delivery off track, and create a mitigation plan with action items.
- Assess the time and financial impact of technical changes and communicate to Lead Project Manager and clients.
- Be firm but fair in judgement: push back when scope creeps or suggested budgets are not realistic while understanding the constraints of the client.
Technical Project Manager
At WDG, our Technical Project Managers are passionate about innovative technology and driven to manage successful project teams involved with exciting technical solutions.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will manage a variety of development-oriented projects, ranging from the straightforward brochure website to complex, multi-faceted deliverables. In addition to being a key point in communication for your Project Team and WDG’s clients, you will facilitate the technical expectations from team members, prioritize and document deliverables, lead efforts in the QA process, and manage the overall technical budget and progress of your projects.
The ideal candidate has strong skills in effective project leadership, experience in managing the development, quality assurance and delivery of digital solutions, understanding of digital project methodologies, and budget and project tracking and reporting.
- Be positive and a force for good in the team, even when faced with difficult problems.
- Be solutions-focused and remain calm and stable under pressure.
- Know when to delegate upwards and raise the alarm at the right time, to the right people, when issues occur.
- Evaluate developers on your project team, identifying strengths and problem areas while aiding in developing plans for improving performance.
- Help in building a partnership relationship with your clients; good rapport is key to success in both the delivery process and account development.
- Have great relationships with the internal project teams so that people want to work with and for you.
- Be responsible for ensuring that relevant clients and account team members are kept up to date on project developments, changes in timings, costs, and any issues that may arise.
- Manage conflicts and issues effectively.
- Make it your business to learn as much as possible about industry developments: read relevant blogs and articles, attend training sessions, talk to experts, and taking a genuine interest in what is going on around you.
- Be plugged in to new trends and developments across the industry and particularly within the client’s sector.
- Competitive Salary
- Great Health Insurance (including Dental & Vision)
- Parking (included)
- A collaborative environment that fosters an encouraging and creative culture
- Annual, discretionary budget for participation in relevant conferences, workshops and seminars
- Dynamic clientele to challenge your skills and improve on your talent
At WDG, we deliver results-driven and engaging device-independent web properties and communities. Although our strategy and design teams are platform agnostic, our web development team specialize open-source technologies such as Drupal and WordPress. Our clients range from successful start-ups to Fortune 1000 brands and nonprofits.
Compensation is based on candidate experience. Start dates and schedules are flexible. This position is based out of our Old Town, Alexandria, VA office.
The Web Development Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Web Development Group maintains a drug-free workplace.