- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience, and balances schedule and scope.
- Develops and maintains user experience in accordance with information architecture.
- Creates sitemaps and navigational models which are aligned with the defined user experience and business requirements.
- Creates annotated wireframes which illustrate page layout, navigation, controls, and content prioritization.
- Works with accounts, design, and development teams from initial idea to final output to ensure quality throughout.
- Possesses a passion for UX design and development.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
WDG is looking for a detail-driven Information Architect with a strong background in user-centric design and web-based UX who can help elevate our work for a widely diverse range of clientele. This individual will work in close collaboration with our accounts, strategy, design, and development teams to create useful, effective, and desirable experiences for the web.
- 4+ years of professional work experience in the field of information architecture and web content strategy.
- Experience structuring content within Drupal and/or WordPress management systems via content models or direct setup.
- Capable of managing multiple timeline-driven projects in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Motivated and self-driven with a fine attention to detail.
- Comfortable building confident relationships in the pursuit of organizational goals and client longevity.
- Competitive Salary
- Great Health Insurance (including Dental)
- Parking (included)
- On-the-Job Learning from a close-knit, collaborative team in an open, driven environment
- Conference budget and encouragement of conference attendance/participation
- Collaborative and open office environment located near Clarendon’s popular bars and restaurants
- Dynamic clientele to challenge your skills and improve on your talent.
At WDG, we deliver results-driven and engaging device-independent web properties and communities. Although our strategy and design teams are platform agnostic, our web development team specialize open-source technologies such as Drupal and WordPress. Our clients range from successful start-ups, Fortune 1000 brands, and nonprofits.
Compensation is based on candidate experience. Start dates and schedules are flexible. This position is based out of our Clarendon, Arlington, VA office.
The Web Development Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Web Development Group maintains a drug-free workplace.